Monday, January 3, 2011

Blog Stalking...OK or just plain creepy?

Soo...blog stalking has been on my mind lately. I love reading my friends blogs and seeing what they are up to, especially since alot of my friends live in different states. Well, sometimes I notice an interesting title or post in their friends list..so I check out the blog. Most of the time its someone that I have met or at least is an aquaintance.
But sometimes its a total stranger and I read their post and move on...sometimes though their stories are really intruiging and even have moved me to tears at times. Its amazing how we all have a story..a heartbreak... a tragedy..and of course..joy....

Is it totally creepy to look at other peoples blogs or is it ok? Is there anyone out there that follows our blog (highly doubtful..Im pretty boring). If so..feel free to post so we know who you are and can check out ur blog too ;)

6 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

Lauren-

I do the same thing, I'll click on a blog from a friend's blog becausee the post title intrigues me-I think it's fine. IF people really didn't want others to see their blog they would have a private blog and/or ask their friends not to have a link to their blog. :) Just my opinion though. Do you have access to my blog, I can't remember. Send me an email if you want access and you don't have it. Thanks.

Andrea

Janelle said...

I read other people's blog. Most of them I know but there are times I read one that I don't know. If they didn't want outside people to read it, they would make it private :)

I have had some friends who go as far as to make the address of their blog unrecognizable and then have asked me on my links page not to use their real names.

I get it, but I am not a very private person so I respect their wishes but I am much more open!

Kell said...

I'll blog stalk random people. I have even made some "friends" by that. If they aren't private than obviously they are welcoming people to come and read about them.

Unknown said...

If they didn't want stalkers, they'd lock their blog! I think you can learn a lot from doing it, or at least sometimes get a good laugh :) I don't do it all that often but see no problem with it. That's why my blog is open.

Emily said...

I follow your blog! I love reading about you and your cute fam. I miss you!

Tiff said...

I too am a blog stalker. Like everyone else I think that if they really didn't want you to read their blog, it would be private. Also, I follow your cute blog :)