Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sad Day for the Martin Family

Well, yesterday we had our first ultrasound for the new baby. The baby measured at 9 weeks but they couldn't see or hear a heartbeat. So, they told us that the baby hasn't survived and that we should expect to lose the baby in the next few days. It was pretty sad news. I guess I am still kind of in shock because nothing has happened yet. But I also take comfort in knowing that things like this usually happen for a reason. I am so grateful for my sweet baby girl and loving husband. I am trying to take time to reflect on all the many blessings (and there truly are sooo many) I have in my life.

We will keep trying for another baby, but I think I want to take a break for a minute and just play and have some fun with Emma and Brandon.

4 comments:

Emily said...

oh Lauren! I know how you feel. We lost our first too. You seem to have a great attitude about it. If you ever want to talk, call me. It's a hard thing to go through.

Kell said...

I'm so sorry Lauren. It was a hard thing to go through, with my first pregnancy. When it happened to me I didn't know that it was common to miscarry. Definitely email me or something if you want to talk about it :) and I can tell you my experience.

Andrea Griggs said...

I'm so sorry Lauren and Brandon, I know that's such a sad and hard thing to go through. I've also been through miscarriage, let me know if you need/want to talk. You do have a beautiful daughter and loving husband-I'm so glad you have them. Sending my love to your family. Enjoy that girl of yours.

Shums said...

This is such sad news. I remember being both sad and scared ( i had to get a d&c) but finding comfort in our little family. I think it's good you're taking some time to enjoy them during this hard time. Good luck in the future, everything will turn out fine in the end!